OHS Work Activity Induction
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
PH: (02) 6582 3393
The Construction Safety Regulations state that a person must not be allowed or directed to carry out construction work unless they have undergone Induction training.
The work Activity Induction courses provide participants with the health and safety issues that are relevant to a particular work activity, industry or organization. These requirements are outline in the Code of Practice for training in Construction Work.
- Common hazards, risks and control measures involved in the work activity
- Participation in the process of hazard identification, risk assessment and control
- Relevant OHS legislation, Codes of Practice, Australian Standards and their applications
- Industry sector health and safety performance
- Safe Work Method Statements to prevent injury
- Correct use, handling, transport and storage of plant, tools, equipment, substances and electrical safety
The objectives of the Work Activity Induction Course is to familiarise participants with the basic principles of health and safety in particular area of the construction industry in order to assist in the prevention of injury and illness at work.
On completion of the course the participants will receive a Statement of Training and Blue card.